VCE RESULTS – THE CLASS OF 2012
In 2012, all 167 of our students successfully completed their VCE. The final VCE results are a key indicator of success; however, they are by no means the only indicator, as each student has enjoyed success in a broad array of sporting, artistic and performing arts related fields in their time at Overnewton. Our results are particularly pleasing when we consider that Overnewton encourages all students to complete the VCE regardless of their academic ability.
Over 95% of our students received first round offers at tertiary institutions in 2013.
Our Dux for 2012 was Rhiannon Brooks with an ATAR of 99.00
A number of highlights associated with the final results this year include:
- 49% of students attained an ATAR above seventy, placing them in the top 30 percent of the state
- 30% of students received an ATAR above eighty, placing them in the top 20 percent of the state
- 12% of students received an ATAR above ninety, placing them in the top 10 percent of the state
- 59 individual study scores over 40 were received, placing these students in the top nine percent of the state in a given subject
- A perfect study scores (50) were obtained in History: Australian and Visual Communication and Design.
- 20% percent of all examination results were either A or A+
The Overnewton community congratulates The Class of 2011.
Of course, the dedication and commitment of the school’s teaching staff and the support of parents has been critical in achieving such outstanding results and, as always, their valuable contribution is gratefully appreciated.
*ATAR (Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank) scores are used for tertiary entrance and provide a percentile ranking for all students statewide.
(Last update February 4, 2013)